- Installing R on a Windows machine (watch this video or)
- I usually install R into c:\Program Files\R so that when I upgrade I don't have several versions littering my machine.
- Go here, download the latest Windows build and then come back (the installation defaults work just fine).
- Start R
- Select Packages->Set CRAN Mirror
- Pick the mirror located in Iowa (it is on campus and the fastest available)
- Now select Packages->Install Packages
- I typically just install all of them because I build R for server environments and don't want to come back later and install more, you can choose to only install what you need or install all of them.
- That's all there is to it.